Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Caleb's First "Real" Haircut


I was so incredibly proud of Caleb, I almost burst! The time had finally come for his first real haircut. I had been cutting his hair for quite some time, but it was time to give it over to a professional. Last Wednesday, May 16th, we took Caleb to SmartStyle for his very first haircut. For me just the thought of taking Caleb for his first haircut was stressful. I feared him having a complete meltdown and leaving the salon with a lopsided cut! I discussed with Caleb what to expect and then finally gave our fear and anxiety over to God. I walked into the salon with peace and a very calm little boy. He patiently sat on my lap as we waited for the stylist. We sat him on a blue booster seat and the stylist gave him a cape covered with colorful zoo animals. She was absolutely wonderful! Matt didn't believe Caleb had ever sat so still. He was not fazed by the spray bottle, scissors around his ears, hairdryer or even the clippers. At times he would glance over at us with his eyes and we could see the slightest of smiles on his face. Matt told him that he deserved a special dinner. The stylist reminded him of what his Dad had promised. She told him he was so good and that she would have stickers for him at his return visit. Caleb chose Panda Express for dinner where he had chicken, rice and a fortune cookie! I never dreamed his first haircut would go so smoothly. Everything was perfect, and I will remember that moment forever. I was reminded that no matter how big or small a situation, God wants to be a part of it all. If He can bring peace to a very shy little guy during his first haircut, He can handle our biggest of challenges.

Sitting patiently under the cape....no problem

Using a spray bottle to wet his hair....no problem

Mommy trying not to burst with joy....problem

Cutting around his ears....no problem

Funny face

Looking down while she trims up the back....no problem

Clippers...no problem

Our handsome little guy and his new look

No comments:

Post a Comment